Top Home Warranty Companies in Keene
Home Warranty Plans in Keene
A home warranty plan is a service contract that covers the repair or replacement of home systems and appliances. Home warranty plans are also sometimes called appliance plans, system plans, or combination plans.
There are three main types of home warranty plans:
- Systems Plans: A systems plan covers the repair or replacement of major home systems. This includes the electrical system, plumbing system, heating and air conditioning system, etc.
- Appliance Plans: An appliance plan covers the repair or replacement of major home appliances, like the refrigerator, oven, dishwasher, etc.
- Combination Plans: A combination plan covers both systems and appliances.
6 Benefits of Having a Home Warranty Plan
When you purchase a home, you want to protect your investment. A home warranty plan can help give you peace of mind by covering the repair or replacement costs of many of the home’s major components. Here are six benefits of having a home warranty plan:
Protection against expensive repairs:
Homeownership comes with a lot of responsibilities and unexpected expenses can pop up when you least expect it. A home warranty plan can help cover the cost of repairs for items such as your HVAC system, water heater, kitchen appliances, and more.
When something breaks in your home, the last thing you want to do is spend your time and energy trying to find a qualified repairperson. A home warranty plan can help take the hassle out of finding a contractor by providing a list of pre-screened, qualified vendors.
Home warranty plans are typically offered for one year and can be renewed on an annual basis. This can give you the flexibility to cancel the plan if you no longer feel you need it or if your home is covered by another type of insurance policy.
Coverage for pre-existing conditions:
In some cases, a home warranty plan can cover pre-existing conditions that were not disclosed to you before purchasing the home. However, it’s important to read the fine print of your policy to see what is and is not covered.
Home sale protection:
If you sell your home while it’s still under a home warranty plan, the new owner will usually be able to take over the coverage. This can be a selling point for potential buyers and may help you sell your home faster.
Most home warranty plans are transferable to a new homeowner if you sell your property during the term of the contract. This means that the new homeowners will have the same protection against expensive repairs as you did.
A home warranty plan can be a valuable addition to your homeowner’s insurance policy. It’s important to compare plans and coverage options to find the right fit for your needs.
What’s the Difference Between a Home Warranty and Home Insurance?
Home insurance protects your home and possessions in the event of a natural disaster or another unforeseen event, such as a fire. A home warranty, on the other hand, is a service contract that covers the repair or replacement of certain items in your home, such as your HVAC system or appliances. While home insurance is required by most mortgage lenders, a home warranty is not. However, many homeowners find that a home warranty provides peace of mind and protection against unexpected repairs.
Cost of a Home Warranty:
On average, a home warranty costs between $300 and $600 per year. The price you pay will depend on the level of coverage you choose.
When choosing a home warranty, it’s important to consider what types of repairs or replacements are covered. Some home warranties only cover major systems and appliances, while others cover a wider range of items. Be sure to read the fine print before selecting a home warranty so you know exactly what is and is not covered.
How to Purchase a Home Warrant in 5 Steps:
- Research home warranty companies: Not all home warranty companies are created equal. Some provide better coverage than others, so it’s important to do your homework before selecting a provider.
- Select a plan: Once you’ve narrowed down your options, it’s time to select a plan that fits your needs and budget.
- Get quotes: Once you’ve selected a few providers, get quotes from each one to compare costs.
- Choose a provider: After comparing quotes, it’s time to choose the home warranty company that’s right for you.
- Purchase a policy: The final step is to purchase a policy from your chosen provider. Make sure to read the fine print and understand the terms and conditions before buying.