Top Home Warranty Companies in Bedford
What are the Different Types of Home Warranty Plans in Bedford, TX?
A home warranty plan is a service contract that helps protect homeowners from the expensive repairs of major home systems and appliances. There are different types of home warranty plans available in Bedford, TX, and each one offers different coverage and benefits.
Basic plans typically cover the repair or replacement of major home systems such as air conditioning, heating, plumbing, electrical, and more. These plans typically have a lower monthly premium and deductible than comprehensive plans.
Comprehensive plans offer the most coverage. It typically include everything covered in a basic plan, plus additional items such as pools, spas, septic systems, wells, kitchens, and more. These plans usually have a higher monthly premium and deductible than basic plans.
Some companies also offer optional coverage for items such as sump pumps, roof leaks, and guest houses. Be sure to read the fine print of any home warranty plan before purchasing to understand what is and is not covered.
5 Benefits of a Home Warranty in Bedford, Texas
A home warranty is a service contract that helps protect homeowners against the costs of repairs or replacements of major home systems and appliances. Here are five benefits of having a home warranty in Bedford, Texas:
- A home warranty can save you money on unexpected repairs.
- A home warranty can give you peace of mind knowing that your major systems and appliances are covered.
- A home warranty can help you avoid the hassle of dealing with repairs yourself.
- A home warranty can provide coverage for items that your homeowner’s insurance may not cover.
- A home warranty can be a valuable selling point when you’re ready to sell your house.
Cost of a Home Warranty in Bedford, TX
Home warranty plans in Bedford, TX typically range in price from $250 to $600 per year. Some companies may offer discounts for multiple years of coverage or for bundling with other services. It’s important to compare prices and coverage levels when shopping for a home warranty. This will ensure you find the best value for your needs.
How to Buy a Home Warrant in 5 Steps
- Research your options: There are many types of home warranty companies and plans to choose from. Do your homework and compare the coverage and costs of each plan before making a decision.
- Get quotes from several companies: Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, get quotes from several different home warranty companies. Be sure to compare the coverage and costs of each plan before making a decision.
- Read the fine print: Carefully read the terms and conditions of the home warranty contract before signing anything. Make sure you understand what is covered and what is not covered by the plan.
- Choose a reputable company: Make sure you select a home warranty company that is reputable and has a good track record. Do some research online and read customer reviews to get an idea of the company’s reputation.
- Purchase the home warranty: Once you’ve found the right home warranty company and plan, purchase the policy. Be sure to keep your policy in a safe place and make copies of it for your records.
The Main Difference Between Home Insurance and a Home Warranty:
The main difference between home insurance and a home warranty is that home insurance covers your dwelling and personal property in the event of direct physical loss or damage from a covered peril, while a home warranty covers repair or replacement of major systems and appliances due to normal wear and tear.
There are many types of home insurance policies available, and the coverage they provide can vary widely. Home insurance typically covers your dwelling and personal property in the event of direct physical loss or damage from a covered peril, such as fire, windstorms, hail, lightning, theft, and vandalism. It may also cover additional living expenses if your home is uninhabitable due to a covered loss.
A home warranty, on the other hand, is a service contract that covers repair or replacement of major systems and appliances due to normal wear and tear. Home warranties are usually offered by the builder at the time of purchase, but they can also be purchased separately.
Which one you need depends on your individual circumstances. If you’re concerned about potential damage from a covered peril, home insurance is probably a good idea. If you’re more worried about the wear and tear on your major systems and appliances, a home warranty may be a better choice.
It’s also worth noting that some home insurance policies include coverage for items that are typically covered by a home warranty. This can include items such as HVAC systems, water heaters, and dishwashers. Be sure to read your policy carefully to see what’s included.
If you’re not sure which type of coverage is right for you, talk to an insurance agent or a home warranty representative. They can help you understand your options and make the best decision for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I paying for a trade call fee?
When Home Warranty Home Protection Plan customers contact Home Warranty Home Service Center to schedule Home System or Home Appliance repairs, the Home Protection Plan includes a trade call fee. The trade call fee is applied to cover the cost of the Home Service Provider’s visit and diagnosis of the covered Home System or Home Appliance.
Do trade fees come with a warranty plan?
Yes, all Home Protection Plans come with a trade fee. This is the amount the Home Warranty will pay out to the tradesman or contractor should a repair or replacement need to be made on your home. The specific amount depends on which Home Protection Plan you choose – check out our website for more information!