Updated on: July 12, 2022
We may change this policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the policy. Please check this page when you access the services to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
Collection Of Information
Information You Provide Us
We collect the information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, write a review, respond to a survey, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support, interact with us via chat, or otherwise communicate with us. The type of information we may collect could include your name, email address, postal address, phone number and any other information you choose to provide.
A Note About Customer Reviews
Information We Collect From Other Sources
If you visit our website, we may use third-party tools that will be involved in our script to collect your information. We may also collect demographic information about you from third parties, including data brokers, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. This information may include name, city, state, email address, phone number, and Policy Number or account number. Also, if you have logged in through any social media then we may also store your email address which you have used.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, application version, access times, pages viewed, time spent on pages, clicks, website technical errors, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, implemented either by us or a third party. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count site visits. Pixels are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and ad campaign effectiveness. Local shared objects are stored on your device and used to provide video or animation or collect information for analytics.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our services. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by HWR and others; provide news and information we think will be of interest to you
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of HomeWarrantyReviews.com and others
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests
- We may use your name and email information among others to initiate and manage email campaigns across channels, and serve advertisements. Your data may be used to provide tailored features that may recommend products to you in which you may be interested in or is relevant to you.
- Collected lead information will be shared with respective companies and if the selected company either doesn’t participate in HomeWarrantyReviews.com’s Leads Program or doesn’t respond, the information will then be shared with the similar buyer/service provider
- Facilitate contests, awards, and promotions, and to process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Carry-out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected
How We Share Information
- We may share information we receive about you with our service providers with whom we deal and who need access to such information.
- We may share consumer reviews we receive from you with the companies that are the subject of the review and with our affiliates or other entities with whom we have a business relationship. These entities may post these reviews on their respective websites.
- We may also share information (including your first name and, in some cases, your email address) from comments that you have posted on our website, forms you have filled out, and other submissions, with our business partners, who may use those submissions for analysis and marketing purposes.
- We may disclose the information if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so to comply with the law or legal processes, such as in response to subpoenas, courts orders, or requests by government authorities, law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may also disclose the information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of others.
- As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge, or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, or during related negotiations, we may share user information.
- We may share information between and among HomeWarantyReviews.com and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control or ownership.
- We may share your information when we otherwise have your permission.
HomeWarrantyOutlet.com does not conduct business with any unlawful entities. HomeWarrantyOutlet.com does not use users’ information to conduct any unlawful or illegal business. The user information collected by HomeWarrantyOutlet.com is distributed to legitimate business entities with the consent of the users. Once the data is distributed to the clients of HomeWarrantyOutlet.com, the company will not be liable for how the data will be used by the clients and other websites who acquire the data from HomeWarrantyOutlet.com.
Online Analytics And Tailored Advertising
We use reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Cookies And Trackers
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies, although some Services may not function properly if you disable cookies. If you do not want to receive tracking pixels, you will need to disable HTML images in your email settings, but that may affect your ability to view images in other emails that you receive. Please see the Adobe website for comprehensive information on how to delete or disable local shared objects known as Flash cookies.
Promotional Communications By Email Or Text Message
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from HWR by following the instructions in those emails or by contacting us as noted below. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
To opt-out of receiving text messages/ HomeWarrantyReviews.com newsletter/ promotional from www.HomeWarrantyReviews.com at any time, please click on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of each promotional email.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights
Compliance to COPPA
We care about the privacy of information relating to children. The content of this website is meant for adult audiences. We knowingly, do not collect any information from children below the age of 13 years. If at any given point of time, it comes to our knowledge that a user below the age of 13 has submitted personal information, we will take steps to remove the said personal information from the system.
HomeWarrantyReviews.com is operated in the United States. If you are located anywhere outside the United States, please be aware that the information will be transferred, stored and processed in the United States. In case access to information is requested by the U.S. Federal Agencies, we may be under the obligation to give the information to Federal Agencies.